Sunday, March 24, 2013

Habima Neighborhood Café | Round three

So I took a day off; always a good idea.
I made (begged) my girlfriend come with me to a David Claerbout exhibition, and in return she made me go to Habima Neighborhood Café which is nearby - can't say I complained much as I wanted to explore it further.


tel aviv | sandwiches


This tiny place is a one story structure, four walls with several windows and one display wall with lots and lots of sandwiches.
Sliced hard-boiled egg, asparagus and arugula; herring, sour cream and green onions, egg salad, truffles and spinach, grilled cheese with tomatoes and butter, grilled cheese with artichoke, grilled emmental cheese with ham, butter and tomato slices; several cold cut variations and a wonderful combo of spicy turkey and cheese with sun dried tomato paste along with fresh pesto.
Also, don't forget the jambon sandwich I covered earlier.


turkey, cheese, pesto, tomato paste


The missus ordered  the hot turkey and cheese (with pesto and sun-dried tomato paste). It was pretty good, I know cos I helped her finish it. The tomato paste was rich and very sweet, the pesto was very fresh and did not lose its flavors after the heating of the sandwich. The stringy cheese and the moist turkey were a great combo.


grilled cheese, tomato, ham, olives, butter


My grilled cheese with ham and and butter (and a few tomato slices) wasn't that bad either, but it lacked some depth.
The side of olives wasn't much help as I hate most olives (too bitter) and these weren't exceptional.
The fact they use string and paper to prevent the sandwich from falling apart and later to protect it while grilling it was a nice touch to both preparation and decoration.


grilled cheese, ham, tomato, butter


All and all it was really a great experience; such mad variety of sandwiches is always appreciated and I was told that they're experimenting with more new sandwiches, depending on the ingredients, mood and day of the week. Such an approach can't be bad.


Hot pretzels -  Habima Neighborhood Café


Also great: hot pretzels.
We took several to go - we had a long day ahead of us (we actually took several bites when they were still warm - delicious!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...